This past week my family discovered that someone very close and dear to us was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and given a short time to live.
It was devastating news to all of us, as he is dearly loved and one of the most loving persons we know.
When one hears news like this, it can certainly feel like you had the rug pulled out from underneath your feet.
Our week has been different as we think about the potential loss we may experience in the future.
We’ve cried, prayed, and have had many discussions together as a family since we heard the news.
News like this also causes you to reflect and re-evaluate your own life as you ask yourself some pointed questions like…
* Are my priorities in order?
* Am I loving those closest to me to the best of my ability?
* Am I using the gifts I have been given to be a blessing to others?
It has also caused me to think about my own health and ask the questions…
* Am I balanced?
* Am I eliminating the stressors in my life that want to rob me of good health?
* Am I taking the time to do the important things that keep me at optimal health?
With all that said, I encourage you to do three important things:
1) Take personal inventory and ask yourself, “Am I at peace with God and loved ones?”
2) Live in a way in which you will have no regrets when your life on earth is done.
3) Stop putting off what you need to do to put yourself on the path to optimal health.
All the best,
Dr. Derek Taylor
PS- Two upcoming life changing health events in September:
1) Tuesday Sept 4th (day after Labor day) at 7:00pm come hear a lecture by Dr. T-Oren M.D., D.C., N.D., who will baffle your mind on the importance of your skin and how it relates to your health. Lecture will be in the banquet room at the South End Tennis Club.
The following day, Wednesday Sept 5th, he will be having a skin clinic at Taylor Chiropractic & Laser Center, using his proprietary method for removing skin lesions including basal cell carcinoma’s, moles, skin tags, birth marks, skin lesions without drugs or surgery. The lesions will fall off and you will be amazed at the results! This is a rare opportunity as he travels around the world speaking and performing these clinics. Available spots are filling up fast and are on a first come, first serve basis so reply soon if you are interested in seeing Dr.T.
2) Wednesday Sept. 26th 12:00pm-1:00pm, Dr. Chi will be giving a “Tongue and Fingernail Analysis Presentation.” in the banquet room at the South End Tennis Club (Lunch will be provided). Dr. Chi will also be doing tongue and fingernail analysis evaluations from 9:00am to 5:00pm on that day. Call the office for costs and details. Only 30 slots are available and they sold out quickly last year so don’t delay in reserving your spot.